Thursday, November 11, 2010

Crutchlow happy with first Tech 3 appearance - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

MotoGP rookie Cal Crutchlow left the Valencia test a happy man after lapping 13th fastest out of the 17 riders, just a few tenths behind team-mate Colin Edwards, a veteran of eight MotoGP seasons.

Riding in his second MotoGP test, but first with Tech 3 and other riders on track, 2010 World Superbike race winner Crutchlow spent the majority of his time adapting his riding style rather than making big changes to the set-up of his M1.

Crutchlow improved by 0.831sec during the second day to finish the test ahead of Loris Capirossi (Ducati), nine-time world champion Valentino Rossi (Ducati), rookie rival Karel Abraham (Ducati) and new Moto2 champion Toni Elias (Honda).

The Englishman's best time of 1min 33.483sec was only 0.2s slower than the best race lap set by his predecessor and 2010 Rookie of the Year Ben Spies during the Valencia Grand Prix.

I am really happy with the way today went. To finish with a consistent pace and feeling much more comfortable on the bike, I am already excited about being back on track in Malaysia," said Crutchlow.

"Obviously I've got so much to learn and I'd say the biggest challenge is learning how hard you can push the Bridgestone tyres. They are completely different to what I am used to but I am making progress, pushing without taking too many risks at this stage.

"There's no doubt that the pace in MotoGP is unbelievable and you have to push to your maximum on every single lap.

"To be less than 1.5s off [fastest man] Stoner at my first proper test is a real boost for my confidence and I was able to do a lot of laps in the 1.33 bracket, which was race pace last weekend.

"I feel really at home in the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team and together I think we can look forward to a positive 2011.

The Sepang test takes place next February.


download server

No comments:

Post a Comment